- be a sustainable organization providing access to low-cost water treatment and sanitation education to communities around the world.
- be a resource and partner supporting innovative community building drinking water initiatives and entrepreneurial opportunities for communities in need.
- provide a link between donors and volunteers with communities in need, offering technical assistance, education, and support to the projects and communities with whom we partner.
- be transparent and effective in operating international and domestic safe water projects, maintaining and supporting active field projects on three continents.
- help build a filter a day per year, doubling each successive year (a minimum of 368,300 filters in ten years).
- provide opportunies for Quakers and those of other faiths and traditions, of all ages, to participate in the mission of Friendly Water for the World, helping to bring safe water to communities in need, and to learn from each other.