- Finding practical methods of addressing water as an emerging issue of global importance;
- Building relationships with individuals and communities in other parts of the world in need of environmentally sensitive clean water technologies and sound economic development;
- Empowering people to take charge of their water quality;
- Providing useful skills to Friends and those of other faiths and traditions as they go out into the world, and encouraging multigenerational opportunities;
- Setting up mentoring relationships among concerned Friends both in the U.S. and abroad, and finding ways for individuals from different parts of the Quaker tradition to work together;
- Building local and transnational community.